Julia’s debut album, DON’T TALK TO ME OF LOVE, a selection of superbly arranged standards and original material, was launched with her Little Big Band at Pizza on the Park, Knightsbridge, London.
Listening to Julia sing compelling standards such as Witchcraft and Fascinating Rhythm, you start to understand the woman behind the voice. Julia remains true to the essence of the songs with her unadulterated vocals but reinvents them for the 21st century with her engaging and independent spirit.
To sample a selection of the album tracks, visit the Jazz Music page.
Julia worked with many musicians over 12 years and with her trio (Phil Mead – piano, Dave Moses – bass) for 10 years after their first appearance at the Riverfront Jazz Festival in Greenwich in 2001. They later became the resident band at The Dorchester Hotel, Mayfair and have since performed at many venues throughout the UK, Ireland and internationally. Julia has performed with her trio and with many other bands at countless venues and festivals including:
- Emirates Palace – Abu Dhabi
- Pizza On The Park – Knightsbridge, London
- Grand Hotel Paradiso – Les Arcs, France
- The 606 Club – Chelsea, London
- The Oliver Cromwell International Jazz Festival – Upton upon Severn, UK
- Aspinalls Casino – London
- Isle of Bute Jazz Festival – Scotland
- Isle of Wight Jazz Divas Festival – Isle of Wight
- Ballydehob Jazz Festival – Ireland
- Café Jazz – Cardiff, Wales